Saturday, June 15, 2024

Some recent photos--here you go, Jeanette :)

Batik fabric beads-fun project!
I enjoy doing tedious projects. Sometimes.

Altoid Tin-Created in memory of my sister, Luanne
The Tim Holtz paper doll looks like her as a child.

Spring Poppies

My humble home sweet home. Not a great photo but you get the idea.

Spring Peonies--came with the house.

Community Quilting project at Finger Lakes ReUse.
You show up on Sundays and make whatever you
want, or make their project idea. This one was theirs.
A bit of a challenge for me since I usually create stuff
in my home. Introvert is me!

Old Yellow loves to stare at me!

Woodland Lilies of the Valley in May.

The Finger Lakes National Forest behind my property.

Miss Belle 2023.

Bee Balm-my fav! The hummingbirds love them.

A garden stone I created maybe a decade or more ago.

Lost of small garden stones...still in the shed this year!
Tippy head Belle.

A folded book cover art (May 2021) that I was asked to create. I worked at Cornell Alumni Magazine for 32 years. This was our final cover and my first (and last) folded book art.

Stained glass dragonfly panel I made about 5 years ago.

"Simply Serene" quilt made in 2018 and given away as a gift. I love batik fabric!

Clute Park where I walk Belle twice a day. Fall 2023.

My son Adam and his girlfriend's son, Jack. March 2024.

Adam and Ryan. Ryan is my grandson.
He is 8 and he does not like having his photo taken.

Saw this Tim Holtz creation made by Stacy Zimmerman Hutchinson
and decided that I needed to make my own version of it.
 
Clute Park, Watkins Glen, NY

Adam, Jen, and Ryan.
Adam and I eating breakfast at The Elf and The Oak in Hector, NY September 2023.


Miss Belle and I walking up Kenyon Road a nearby dead-end road.

The woodland trail near my home.

Finger Lakes ReUse Community Quilting on Sundays.
Complete free--fabric, machines, tools & supplies--
Just come in and sew.


My neighbor Donna's farmfield lane.
She trained the branches.

My co-worker is a  weaver and fiber artist. She loaned me a book,
gave me some wool, and said "make something."





Clute Park in the clouds--May 2024

Clute Park--Summer 2023

Crazy for strawberries. Saw this
online and needed to make my own.
Not perfect by any means!

Fabric batik bead card. Most paper
things I make get incorporated into
cards!


My favorite Finger Lakes ReUse
store find! It was in need of some repair on the base
but otherwise in find shape. Not vintage
but who cares! It's gorgeous!
Reminds me of Mary Engelbreit designs.

Selfie.

6x6" Cut-away slow stitch. Found the design on
The Graphics Fairy website and needed to make two.

Made this one first. The artist's design looked more
like a beach theme. Not sure what the
theme on these would be?? LOL.
Not sure what to do with them. Maybe frame them?

This was a UFO (unfinished object made by who knows).
It is a paper-pieced project. The fabric and paper-piecing blocks
where included, but no instructions.
I purchased it for $7.50 and completed it. Six squares were assembled
and I assembled ten more. Ran out of the background fabric
and needed to improvise! Far from perfect!
I enjoy a challenge and this was one!
 

"Clipboard Quilt" My first wool project.

My first free-motion machine embroidered project--the lettering was the most tedious part.

Another wool project, still not machine quilted.

This is called an art quilt. I love the artist who create these patterns.
I think this one may be one of six that I made. Great gifts.

King size t-shirt quilt for hire. First and last, I'd guess.

Made from blocks I purchased for $15 at a re-use sewing store called
Sew Green in Ithaca, NY.



Autumn leaves. Made in 2008 maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment